Umpire Course PG 2012
UMPIRE AND OFFICIALS TRAINING COURSE – March 31st & April 1st, 2012
On behalf of the CTFI and ITF of BC, we cordially invite you to attend the 2012 C.T.F.I. Umpire and Officials Training Course. This exciting 2 day program will be held at Freedom TaeKwon-Do Schools on Saturday March 31st and Sunday April 1st, 2012. Please find a complete information and registration package attached to this invitation.
With the 2012 tournament season just starting, this is the perfect opportunity to learn new skills, brush up a little bit, or gain a deeper
understanding of how the ITF system of officiating works. Just in time to put into practice for the upcoming Provincial, Western Canadian, Pan Am and
World Cup events, all coming up in the next 6 months!
Open to all students Red Stripe and above, this seminar will be instructed by Mr. Kurt Ottesen – Director of Umpires for the CTFI and standing
member of the ITF Umpire Committee.
With a cost of only $85.00, this exciting event will cover all of the instruction and activities. Each participant will receive a new
C.T.F.I. Official’s Training Manual, and C.T.F.I. Official’s Handbook, complete with the most up to date rules, protocols and information available
today. Also included is a sneak peak at the upcoming changes to the ITF Rules of Competition!
As an added bonus, this workshop will be a TWO DAY workshop (the first offered in Canada), with extensive practical experience for sparring, patterns,
breaking, referees, umpires, and jury presidents. We will also present training and practice on two ITF NESS Electronic Scoring Systems!
To help in student comfort, all participants are permitted to wear athletic apparel for the lecture and discussion portions of the class, however
are required to wear ITF Official’s Attire or ITF Dobok for the practical components. Please bring a pen and notebook for the sessions as
there will be lots of great information to record.
This course provides the opportunity for all Red Stripes through Black Belts to learn, update their skills and certify as an Umpire with the C.T.F.I.
The main goals of this course are to:
- Familiarize all members with the C.T.F.I. Rules of Competition, as well as the appropriate protocols and procedures of officiating.
- Introduce modifications in the official ITF Competition Rules. (New rules will become effective January 1, 2013).
- Prepare officials for regional, provincial and national level competitions.
- Align officials, coaches and athletes throughout B.C. on the matters of Competition, Officiating and Tournament
- Identify officials with the desire, attitude and skill sets necessary for officiating at the upcoming International, World Cup and World Championship events.
CERTIFICATION WILL BE GRANTED TO ATTENDEES WHO SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE THE COURSE.
- C.T.F.I. Umpire “B” Classification – For Black Belts 2nd Degree and higher, over the age of 21
- C.T.F.I. Umpire “C” Classification – For Red Belts and 1st Degree Black Belts, 16 years of age and older
- C.T.F.I. Certificate of Participation – For those attendees below the rank of Red Belt, or under the age of 16
Those under the age of 16 wishing to attend may, however, C.T.F.I. Official’s Certification will only be issued to those participants over the age of 16.
- These certifications are not ITF certifications, though they qualify as equivalent training for ITF Certification. In order to receive an ITF Class B certificate, candidates must fill out the appropriate ITF Umpire Certificate form and remit the appropriate fees to the ITF.
- Class A certification can only be awarded upon the successful completion of the Official ITF Class A Course, as taught by
the ITF Tournament and Umpire Directors, and the payment of the appropriate fees.
Please find an official course outline and registration form here. Please be so kind as to confirm your attendance via your completed registration form by no later than March 24th, 2012.
To register, please complete and e-mail the attached registration form to: Mr. Kurt Ottesen
Director of Umpires – C.T.F.I.
Member – ITF Umpire Committee