In order to join the CTFI, one must be under the direct supervision of one of our International Instructors. Please check Directory of Dojangs to contact an CTFI instructor near you who may help you become a member. For any additional information or assistance about membership in CTFI, please contact email@example.com for contact information.
Highlighted below are some of the benefits membership in the CTFI. Anyone who becomes a member will receive:
- Instruction in the Original Art of Taekwon-Do created by General Choi Hong Hi
- Membership with the International Taekwon-Do Federation www.tkd-itf.org
- Semi-annual and annual Technical, Rreferee and Umpire trainings
- Local, Provincial, National and International Tournaments
- The opportunity to attend CTFI-sponsored activities such as Special Trainings and special practices led by senior black belts
- Continuing guidance – via personal training, email and web site communication – on interpreting, applying and integrating the instructional material in the condensed encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do (5th edition, 1999) by General Choi Hong Hi.
- Access to the CTFI and ITF website for news on current activities in Canada and international affiliates, schedule of events, monthly training calendar, and articles and resources related to Taekwon-Do
- The opportunity to be ranked at Gup (white and black stripe ranking) tests.
- The opportunity to be ranked at Dan (black belt ranking) tests. Furthermore, at CTFI Dan tests, each candidate is carefully judged and graded by senior members of the organization, according to the standards handed down through General Choi Hong Hi.
Most importantly, CTFI membership puts the practitioner in line with the direct lineage handed down by General Choi Hong Hi. Because of his life-long dedication and personal investment in so many of the black belts, other martial arts organizations find it difficult to compare with the CTI’s rich heritage, depth, consistency, and its commitment to pass the martial art of Taekwon-Do, unchanged, to future generations.