Subject : 2013 ITF Umpire Courses and World Championships Umpire participation requirements
This is to inform you about the following:
In order to align Umpires worldwide concerning the new ITF Tournament and Umpire Rules and Regulations the ITF shall try to organize in the first 3 months of 2013, in all Continents, an official 2013 ITF Umpire Course in order to qualify Umpires that request the ITF Official Umpire “A” status.
Umpires (4th degree and above) that wish to participate at the 2013 ITF World Championships to be held in Spain on October 2013 must attend the above mentioned “2013 ITF Umpire Course”.
Therefore Only Umpires that shall participate at the above mentioned 2013 ITF Umpire Course might be selected for the 2013 World Championships. No others shall be allowed to participate as an Umpire at the 2013 World Championships.
Umpire Course – Participation fee per person
Europe € 40,00 – America, Oceania & Asia US $ 50,00 – Africa US $ 5,00
Umpire Course – Duration & Participation
Duration – One and a half day with a total of 9 hours.
Participation – 1st Degree Black Belt and above.
World Championship 2013 – Umpire participation
The following requirements are also requested for those Umpires wishing to be an Umpire at the 2013 World Championship:
a. They must participate at the 2013 ITF Umpire Course.
b. They must be in possession of an “A” Class ITF Umpire Certificate.
c. They must have been very active at National and Continental Events during the years 2012 and 2013.
d. They must have participated at one (1) or more International Instructor Course (IIC) during the years 2012 and/or 2013.
e. They must attend the four (4) hours Umpire Meeting at the 2013 World Championships.
f. They must speak English and/or Spanish.
The ITF shall select Umpires from each Continent. The procedure shall be that from each participating country taking part in the 2013 World Championships at least one (1) Umpire measuring above mentioned criteria “World Championship 2013 – Umpire participation” might be selected.
- The ITF shall select at least two (2) Umpires from countries participating with more than 40 competitors measuring above mentioned criteria for the 2013 World Championship.
- The ITF shall select at least three (3) Umpires from countries participating with more than 75 competitors measuring above mentioned criteria for the 2013 World Championship.
- The ITF shall select at least four (4) Umpires from countries participating with over 100 competitors measuring above mentioned criteria for the 2013 World Championship.
- The ITF might select other Umpires measuring above mentioned criteria for the 2013 World Championship.
- The ITF might select Umpires covering a part of their travel expenses based on their long time experience and participation at World Events like past World Cups and World Championships.
The ITF/Organizer shall cover for the selected Umpires:
- a 7 days/6 nights hotel accommodation* (arrival Tuesday – departure Monday) including a full board arrangement (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
N.B: Extra Hotel nights must be covered by the selected Umpires.
- a daily expenses amount on competition days to 4th-6th degree Umpires.
- a daily expenses amount on competition days to 7th-8th degree Umpires.
- a gift from the organizing committee.
- ITF certificate of participation.
In addition Umpires shall receive the new Umpire suit complete with the ITF Official Umpire logo!
Event Schedule (7 days/6 nights)
Tuesday – Arrival – Hotel check in – Meeting with the Umpire Committee for an evening drink.
Wednesday – Umpire Meetings.
Thursday/Friday/Saturday and Sunday – Competition.
Monday – Departure or stay for a holiday.
Selected Umpires/Referees shall be divided into:
- Jury Presidents
- Pattern and Traditional Sparring Referees.
- Centre Referees for Sparring.
- Corner Referees for Sparring.
- Power & Special Technique Referees.
Selected Umpires :
- not officiating during event according to the rules and regulations,
- not attending the 6 hours Umpire course before the event,
- not being present during event when requested,
shall not receive any daily expenses and shall be removed immediately from their Umpire Hotel accommodation. Payments for Umpires fulfilling the “Participating Terms” shall be made right after the Championships on the last day of the event.
In order to apply as an Umpire at the 2013 World Championships the Member Association must send on or before April 1st , 2013 the approved application form.
On or before July 1st, 2013 the ITF Chairman of Umpire shall inform those selected Umpires about their participation in order that they might book the travel in time.